Orps, green legs?

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
I have some three week old Buff. orps, or I thought they were. One is larger than the others and has greenish legs. What could it be mixed with. It is truly buff like the others just slightly larger and developing faster. Jean

Yup that's what mine turned out to be...they were beautiful splash colored and I loved them but than the neighbors dog got all three of the orps I had
sad.png
NOW I have nine of MIss Prissy's orps in my bator due to hatch in two days
big_smile.png
I hope you find an answer to what yours may be. Did you purchase eggs or get them from hatchery?

I got them from a local farm store. The others look like orps. pinkish legs and color is the same. Either way I am raising them . I can't wait to see them running around outside. Jean

That would be nice. Green eggs!!! Oh well I quess it will be quite a while before I find out. She sure is growing faster and maturing faster than the others. I usually hold her more and the smallest one. They are easier to single out. I would try to name them but it is so hard to tell the others apart.
I still want Delawares this spring. I want 4. Hopefully I would have at least one male but not a heap of them. Knowing my luck sometimes they would be all males. Jean

Im waiting for my BR x Blue Ameraucana pullet to lay. She was in and out of nests today, so it has to be soon, maybe tomorrow. She should lay a green egg so I'm thrilled. I have Ameraucanas that lay greenish-blue eggs, but not a plain green egg.

Back
Top Bottom