Orps what''s our sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mustangsaguaro, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    So, I have some orps that are about 5 weeks old and having a hard time telling who is female vs. male. Some I am pretty sure on. Others not so sure. Please help if you can. I have a feeling I have more males than females in the bunch which is really gonna suck.

[​IMG]
    Pic 1

[​IMG]
    Pic 2

[​IMG]
    Pic 3

[​IMG]
    Pic4

[​IMG]
    Pic 5

[​IMG]
    Pic 6

2. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chirping

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    they all look like roos to me x(

3. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    No, I thought one or 2 could be females. One of the lavenders and the black one. The 2 w/ very small combs I thought could be females. What's the likelihood of getting all roos?

4. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chirping

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    well i can bewrong they look like roos to me but you should wait for others to review your post

5. I just sold 3 10 wk. old buff orp pullets who had just barely begun to redden. I'll put the picture up so you can see, it's them at 9 wks. I think you have roo's.Two months ago I went to a farm that sold straight run chicks. Two months later I have 5 roo's 2 girls. My belief: they also sold at pet stores(I know that part), so I think Straight Run really meant we've pulled the pullets and have a pile of roo's left. Sorry for your luck too. Now I know to at least try wing sexing them.[​IMG]

6. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: