Orust chicken?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Eps32, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Eps32

Eps32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    My mom has been looking at chickens and she just found this breed on the Internet and is in love. I never heard of it till now. Does anyone own this breed or have any info on finding them for sale?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Although I don't own an Orust, I practically covet the breed! [​IMG] Try looking on Greenfire Farms' website, because they offer straight run Orusts. Another thing you could do, if you either don't currently have the money or don't want to spend what they offer their pricey birds for (who does? [​IMG] I sure don't.), you could always check on rarebreedauction.com for a good deal on a few Orust chicks. Hope this helps!

P.S. If you do end up getting some, you're REQUIRED BY LAW to share pictures with us! [​IMG] Just kidding.

-Alex

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  3. Eps32

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Thanks I'm going to look into it. The more I read and look them up the more interesting they are to me.

4. Alexandra33

You're so welcome! I'm sorry, I believe I got the name of the website wrong. It's rarebreedauctions.com. [​IMG]

-Alex

5. Eps32

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    These chickens seem to be very exotic. I thought iv heard of every breed. And my mom said I want a orust flock. I said what is that that's not a chicken. Then I looked it up and to my surprise it sure is. There amazing looking I have to have a few now lol.

6. Eps32

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Bidding on orust eggs on eBay right now. There's 5 bidders the heat is on!!!!

7. Alexandra33

They are, and extremely rare to boot! [​IMG] We actually don't have room for any right now because of 20 bantams and 4 Isbars who are coming in a few days, but otherwise, I would have some in a heartbeat.

Cool beans! I hope you are successful. [​IMG]

-Alex

8. Eps32

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    I'm top bid right now. 110 bucks my old lady's gonna kill me. But at least I'll die with orust eggs lol.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  9. Alexandra33

Ha ha! Now that's a positive way to look at it! [​IMG]

-Alex

10. Eps32

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Just letting you know I won the eggs at 115. Super excited!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by