Ostrich chicks??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ema, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    We came upon an add on a local classified a few days ago about ostrich chicks and fertile eggs and my husband has been wanting 2 ostrich chicks for a very very long time, I emailed the lady and the add states the ostriches are located in Hamilton ontario, but a map popped up for a farm in Alberta, Canada. I didn't think anything about it until today when the lady messaged me and told me she is in Johannesburg, Africa?? anyhow it just seems odd that it would give me 2 different locations and then be told they are altogether in a different country. My husband has his heart set on getting a couple ostrich chicks, problem is I can't find any within canada or the US...does anyone know where I could purchase a couple babies?? I emailed the lady and asked about the location issues, inquired on why it would state 2 different location to begin with. Still waiting on an answer. I can buy the live animals, but I do believe customs, has a quaranteen time here in Canada, that would not be good for the babies!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    Anyone???

3. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Try the ostritch forum.

4. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    Quote:wow....aren't I red????lol....I didn't even see the ostrich section ahahaha, thanks btw!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by