Ostrich Farm

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, so I've been wanting to start an ostrich farm for a while and I need to know some things first. It will be a long time 'till I start said farm but it's good to start research early. Anyway, I want a BIG ostrich farm, like REALLY BIG. I want this farm to hold enough ostriches to, lets say, take over the world. So here are my questions: 1. How many ostriches would that be? 2. How much land would I need. 3. How much money will all this cost. 4. How much time will this take? and, well how do I take care of and tame these ostriches? And you may be asking what kind of psychopath do I have to be to want this many ostriches, well the answer is I just really want ostriches so there.

Last edited:
Think about it.. there's 7 billion people in the world, let's assume one person can take on two ostriches. That means you need AT LEAST 14 billion ostriches.
You can fit the entire human race in New Zealand supposedly, and that doesn't mean comfortably either, or even survivable.
So you'd need something probably three times the size of New Zealand to even get started, I'm not sure where you could purchase that land, as land is expensive.

Think about it.. there's 7 billion people in the world, let's assume one person can take on two ostriches. That means you need AT LEAST 14 billion ostriches.
You can fit the entire human race in New Zealand supposedly, and that doesn't mean comfortably either, or even survivable.
So you'd need something probably three times the size of New Zealand to even get started, I'm not sure where you could purchase that land, as land is expensive.

Well now that seems like a problem on my part but I am pretty sure a person could be harmed greatly by one ostrich depending on the situation. Also if someone were to take over the world there would be a thought out plan such as business making. So I think the money issue is fine and i could have different farms in different places due to that plan. And again for the amount tackling the entire planet at once would be completely stupid. Therefor I can have less and tackle place by place, like countries.

Well now that seems like a problem on my part but I am pretty sure a person could be harmed greatly by one ostrich depending on the situation. Also if someone were to take over the world there would be a thought out plan such as business making. So I think the money issue is fine and i could have different farms in different places due to that plan. And again for the amount tackling the entire planet at once would be completely stupid. Therefor I can have less and tackle place by place, like countries.
That is very true, maybe you'll have large groups of people rush to be under your new Ostrich Government. That would save you a lot of work and money.
Now, would you saddle and ride these Ostriches? Are you going to need to invest in breeding programs to make sure you only have the best of the best?
Would you grow your own food or buy it for them?

Hey, a few thousand emus almost took over Australia, and they did win the war. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world... They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop
Yes, this did happen, the great emu war is what it was called. It might have given me some inspiration for this.

That is very true, maybe you'll have large groups of people rush to be under your new Ostrich Government. That would save you a lot of work and money.
Now, would you saddle and ride these Ostriches? Are you going to need to invest in breeding programs to make sure you only have the best of the best?
Would you grow your own food or buy it for them?

Well 1. maybe. 2. yes 3. both but mostly grow.

Back
Top Bottom