ostriches for sale in Canada??

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by Ema, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    I was in the midst of purchasng 2 female ostriches, found a local add an responded and wiated 3 days for an answer. Finally I got one. they gave me the information I was looking for and and after a few emails back and forth I started getting a wee bit suspicious.

I went back to the add which stated it was located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, I clicked on map and it brought me to a locaion In Alberta canada, today during the final email the seller states she is in Johannesburg, gauteng RSA, at first I thought it was russia till I figured out it means rest of africa.

something didn't seem right, the woman said I could have 2 for 120 dollars each (first red flag) shipping included (second red flag) a third location (third red flag) then the email kept going and the seller said it takes 8 hours to ship to canada...uhmm not likely!!! Customs today confirmed shipping international live animals is Illegal??

anyhow getting to it.

My husband had his heart set on 2 female ostrich chicks, and so did I. Does anyone know of a supplier, farm etc..in canada?? I've got a large farm, and I would love to have a couple running around!!

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    look a round at Zoos

3. martinjustus

martinjustus New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Hey did you find ostriches I was on kijiji and found ostriches from Africa I think the easy way is to import eggs and incubate them

4. Kattia

Kattia Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    Aldergrove, BC
    Look up Ty's Exotics, he's got a hen for sale. Seen her myself. He's in Alberta.

5. Beau Peep Farms

Beau Peep Farms New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    Check out the White Rock Ostrich Farm in Rockwood, ON (65 km NNE of Pearson Airport).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by