OT - Another EBay Rant

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pips&peeps, Jun 6, 2008.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    So I bought a couple items off EBay on the 25th. They were small and coming from the same seller in CA and I am in WA.

So when the 31st (sunday) came and the package wasn't here, I e-mailed her asking about them. She told me her daughter was admitted to the hospital the day I made my purchase and that she didn't mail them and would do so on Monday or Tuesday.

Well, today still no package so I did a "dispute" on Paypal because I have not received my items.

The lady responds and says she wishes I would have contacted her and that the package was mailed on the 27th......

So, I respond to her and tell her I did contact her and I don't believe she mailed my package as agreed, even though she has this mysterious tracking number that she pulled out her behind that is dated the 27th. I also ask her what is the truth because now I have two different stories.

Now she says it has "only" been nine days since she mailed my package. Her daughter has been in the hospital for the last 10 days and she just can't check to find out about it for me as she hasn't left her side.....

Her math doesn't add up and I just want my money back now. If you can't keep your story straight, then I don't want to do business with her.

How hard is it to get my money back?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

It won't be that hard. eBay and Paypal love to err on the side of the buyer, even when they are a crock.
    You filed your dispute, which is great. Now, she'll need to provide a tracking number that is valid, and she will have to prove that the package was delivered to your house. Nine days to get a package? Not likely.
    How was it sent?

3. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    She has an electronic tracking number you get off click n ship. It won't even verify if the package shipped.

It still says it was:
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 27, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.​

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    have you entered it on the USPS website,? that should have info if it was actually shipped and where it is in transit.

5. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Yes, that is what it says.

I really don't believe she shipped it. I'm just getting the run around.

6. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jean she is probly just sending you that number from click and ship but it was never taken to the po to be shipped, its probly just a dead number now...

I hate when you have to go that rout to get your cash back....but you gotta do what you gotta do..Maybe she will learne a lesson from this. [​IMG]

Charlie

7. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Charlie,

That was my first instinct. I just asked her for a refund. It's funny she has time to respond to me via the internet all day, but can't take five minutes to mail a package.

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I dont think that she shipped the package. Good Luck getting your money back.

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I hope you paid with Paypal. You can file a dispute, if that is not satisfied, then they will decide your dispute for you.
    I was sold a cell phone that turned out to be stolen. It took 6 weeks, but paypal reimbursed me for the full amount.

10. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Well on the flip side of things, What if her daughter is dying? Its not worth the stress, unless you spend $1000 I would give it until nextweek. Goodluck and I hope it all goes well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by