OT..Ike made for some full traps.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by holliewould, Sep 11, 2008.

1. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

Hardly any of the traps were damaged, some moved around a bit. This is how I get paid for helping. How many is in there? 35 in all. That's a mighty fine paycheck!!! When I turned their heads, the chickens were right up my butt. I would toss them the heads and they would dig out some head goo. The heads then went right into a pile as to attract flies for the ladies. See, since the chickens NOTHING goes to waste. I mean nothing.

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    What time is dinner? We were gonna have pizza tonight, but that looks better!

3. mudda

mudda Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2008
    Central IL
    Wow, yum!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lets have a lobster fest...bring out the corn on cob, potatoes, crabs, and your lobsters and cook them in the ground. And dont forget the BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Dang. You should see my hands after all this. They are tore up. Lemme get a pic. Hell, it's worth the scraped up fingies [​IMG]

6. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Here's the aftermath. They feel like sand paper. Why didn't I wear gloves you ask? Because after a few beers with friends I become a total idiot. Oh yea the old man came home and was like..."Um Hollie dear, there's more beer cans than there is lobster". And I'm all like "watsch doo yoo say, yoos talkin toos me?" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ohhhh, how I miss fresh sea food. Nothing better than catching your own and cooking it when you walk in the door. I can remember helping my grandparents look for conch and watching my grandfather poke a hole in the shell and pull them out. Conch steak, yum! (and chowder and fritters and civiche, oh no, not again!)

8. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Yeap. Too bad cause Queen conch is protected now. It's all imported from the Bahamas. Boy is it good if it's fresh. And I get it fresh because a dear friend of mine has a seafood company over there. Oh, it's for sale BTW. [​IMG] Ceviche is the best. Dang girl you have got to stop right there. YUMMMMMM!!!! Out of curiosity have you read Charlottes Story? What an awesome read. I'll send it off to ya if yer interested. Else I'll pawn it off on the library. Lemme know!

9. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    I am salivating just looking at your cooler full of beautiful, glorious lobster!!!!

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* No fair, hollie-- I only get lobster for my birthday nowdays, usually. . . Didn't even get it then this year, cuz I was sick and not up to going out!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by