1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OT-Indiana cat rescue

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by robbobbin, Jul 25, 2007.

1. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Can anyone here help me with a cat rescue? Late last night someone tossed a full grown cat out of a moving car into our yard. I am not a cat person, but still am appalled someone would do this.
    I do not want to keep the cat, and the shelters are already over-run.
    The cat is very friendly and not scared of my small house dog but we have a very large rottweiler, who HATES cats. I fear for it's life-so I locked it inside my back porch this morning to save it's life.
    While getting ready for work this morning I noticed that it is very
    friendly, sweet and has obviously been an inside cat. It is very
    clean, and I think female. She is obviously NOT afraid of dogs. Mostly white, with patches of black stripes on her. Short/med hair.
    She seems very distressed, crying and disorientated. poor girl!

Does anyone have room in their lives or know someone who does, and can help us?
    we are located in central Indiana and will meet someone to rehome this girl.

2. robbobbin

Jan 28, 2007
    someone is coming to meet her today-keeping fingers crossed that they aren't freaks!

3. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Well? Did they take her?
    It amazes me that people can toss out pets like they do cigarette butts! I love my girls and would rescue many more if hubby would let me.

5. robbobbin

Jan 28, 2007
    I won't know until this evening, after I get off work. I wanted to be there when they come. Make sure I do not get any bad vibes on her potential owners.
    Since posting, I've gotten a second person who is willing to provide this kitty a home...so if this one fall through-I'll check them out.

6. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    I actually got my cat like that...but when the owners threw her out the window it ended up breaking her one leg. The other one had nerve damage. After a thousand dollars in vet bills she is fine.. she walks with a gimp, but she is a great cat now. She is a year now, her name is Gimpers and she is my baby!! LOL. I just dont understand how people can do that to animals.. I want to throw them out a window! Grrr.
    Good Luck with finding the kitty a home:)
    If i lived closer I would have taken her, even if i have enough cats..lol.. I just can't stop.

Here is Gimpers - She is a great cat, even after everything she has been through.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    aww the kiddy is so sweet ,

8. dakinsmimi

dakinsmimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Mississippi
    I see she is a "good mouser"!

9. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    The cat is a female, any calico marking makes it a female. It's unheard of in males. You can always try to post her in Craigs list. You have to give her away for free or adopt her out. Be careful tho. Alot of people will gather free and inexpensive cats and feed them to there snakes. I know of a guy that did this once. The sad part was he came right out and told me. Good Luck re-homeing her. She seems very sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by