Other chicken keepers in Delaware county, Ohio?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by frgntd, Aug 11, 2013.

1. frgntd

frgntd Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2013
    Delaware, OH
    I am a new chicken keeper with a doz. pullets, now 16 weeks, that we picked up when they were a day old. So far I've loved every minute of it! It would be great to connect with others in Delaware and around Columbus. [​IMG]

2. C Ferguson

C Ferguson New Egg

Jun 4, 2013
    Delaware, Ohio
    Hey, It's been a while since I have been on here and was looking for other Delaware, Ohio chicken folks too see what experiences they have had with the county or townships. Mine are not so good. Partly this is my own fault. I was overly excited and read the law that chickens (hens) were OK. My tunnel vision blinded me to the last part (Zoning laws apply). My next door neighbor, who said he was cool with it, turned me into Berlin township. Long story short I live in a divided neighborhood and no live stock allowed. I had to give away my ten Easter Eggers and I'm stuck with 3/4 of the way finished 2k coop on a trailer that I have to do something. I now call it The Spruce Goose, a lot of wood and money that barely got off the ground. My neighbor who had always been good to me will not even look at me either.
    The good news is we are currently in contract to buy a 7ac farm outside of Centerburg. So I may be back in the chickens. I am trying to figure what type next. EE, Buckeyes, Giants or Red ranger. Let me know what of yours are your favs and what has worked best.

Thanks for letting me vent and get the word out, Cameron

3. misfitchick09

misfitchick09 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2013
    Ive had good luck with rir and leghorns

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by