other deer hunting widows....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Nov 17, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I cant stand it when he goes hunting..

#1 it is never for the specified time that he says its going to be. Partly him not comming forth with his true plans and variables that get in the mix..

#2 he goes with this totally off friend that feeds off him complaining to him about us... and almost encourages it.. none of our other friends are like that.. if we go through a rough patch then they encourage us.. not discourage.

#3 somethign about him acting all wierd like when he gets one... almost barbaric.... drives me nuts..

now I know that there are quite a few wonderfull supportive ladies on here that love it when their husbands go hunting.... can I get some pointers... on how to love it too..

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Two weeks ago, I was a widow for a week. I used to not like it when the kids were young, but don't mind it so much now. It's always nice when they bring meat home.

Someone said to me once --don't think about it as being a widow for a week--think of it as being single for a week--maybe that'll help ya!

3. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i am a hunting season widow as well, but because my husband is a game warden. i want to post flyers all through the forest that say-

dear hunters,
    please do not poach the animals, you are causing my husband to be gone for extended periods of time. this causes much grief in my household. should you decide to poach, be aware that i have many animal spies, and they will let me know who you are. please be prepared to deal with a very angry, very lonely, very p-o'ed woman to show up at your house to lecture you on the stupidity of your actions. i may or may not bring my whooping rooster with me, and should you take up too much of my husband's time, i may or may not bring the big buck who fraternizes with my goats along as well. he would much enjoy to teach you respect for wildlife. so in conclusion, should you enjoy all of your extremeties and your mental health, i suggest you hunt legally.
    thank you,
    sequoyah

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I didn't get to hunt long at all this time when I went, but DW always celebrates and brags to everyone that she doesn't have to put up with me when I go.

5. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:ohhhh thats funny... [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    ... there is a HUGE mule deer buck that comes to have a nightly talk over the fence with my two does... i want to leave a sign out for him saying they are not the right species, but ohh well

7. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    but i would tell your dh to find another hunting buddy. i wouldnt want to worry about him hearing negative things about me all day long. he would come hom to a very unhappy lady. other than that, think of it as a day of, i can talk to my chickens, run thru the house nekkid with no one to bother me, i can cook stuff he hates... etc etc... [​IMG]

8. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    this is true... but we do have little ones and I really do need the help.. [​IMG]

9. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    hmm... that is hard. maybe you can have a friend come over for the day to help keep an eye on things, and you can watch girly movies or something? i have my animals to keep me company, but no kids yet... i want them so bad, but i know you sacrifice your freedom, lol.

10. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    You know smom, if he is entitled to a week away--so are you. My hubby used to always say that when the kiddos were younger and i used to complain about him going.

I never took him up on it, b/c I knew he wouldn't be able the handle the kids by himself for a whole week, but I should have. Maybe you should contemplate it.--maybe even for a weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by