Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop

UPDATE: These are for sale here (winners announced on the bottom of that page)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2018-byc-calendar-pre-orders-free-bonus-gifts.1204351/

After a lot of help and encouragement from @Debs Flock and others, we've decided to do a run of 2018 "Other Poultry" calendars!

High-Level Info:
  1. We need you to submit your pics for the calendar (more details below)
  2. We need at least 50 pre-orders to make this calendar. Pre-orders can be placed here:
(NOTE: The store uses a completely different login / account system, so you'll need to setup an account there)

**Deadline for pic submissions is September 15**

Submit your pictures to this next year's calendar:

1) Find a HIGH RESOLUTION (at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide & 2,000 pixels tall) picture that is very clear, clean, and doesn't have people in it.
2) Reply and upload your picture to this thread.
3) No watermarks, text, etc. on the image
4) By submitting your pictures you agree that you are granting BYC license to edit and use the images in the calendar, promotions, and for other BYC purposes, etc.
5) Limit of 4 submissions per user, so choose your very best pictures!!
smile.png

Remember, make sure you have a clear high resolution image (at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall... but even higher resolution is better)! Our system will resize your picture when you upload it, so make sure you have/keep the full sized image if in case your photo is selected.

We're looking forward to your wonderful picture submissions!!!

woot.gif

A few notes:
  1. We've been known to send a free calendar to those who get their pics chosen... so, maybe it will happen again this year.
    wink.png
  2. Remember, only 4 submissions per member, and make sure you have VERY HIGH RESOLUTION images that we can use for print!
  3. Regarding copyright & license: We are very sensitive and careful about respecting copyright of other peeps' work. We want to make sure we have your permission to use the photo for the calendar and for other BYC related uses. You retain ownership of your image and can continue to use it however you want. By submitting your pictures to this thread you are simply granting BYC license to use the images for BYC related purposes.
Regarding contest timing, judging, etc:

Here's how the judging process will probably work:
  1. Our team will go through and filter out all the submissions that don't meet the requirements for the calendar (takes about two weeks after the deadline for submissions)
  2. We'll gather all the links to the images together and we'll go through and rate the pictures (I'm guessing it will probably be around 100+ pictures and take a couple weeks)
  3. Once all the pictures are rated, our team will review the top submissions and choose the 13+ images that will end up in the calendar. (about a week)
  4. Then the images go into the design and printing process and head into our store (about 3-5 weeks)
  5. We hope to have the calendars in our store by the end of October!

Last edited by a moderator:
image.png
image.jpeg

Here is my beautiful baby Lucky born 5/24/17 with the help of hundreds of BYC members. I would never have been able to hatch her without them. Take a look at my thread. "I have no idea what I'm doing" for her entire story. One of the most popular threads on BYC. Here are two pics. One at three days old and the other at about 7 weeks old. Thank you

image.jpeg
[QUOTE="Steven Mazzo,
Here is one of the pics resized. I hope this size is good. Please let me know. Thanks

1st Photo.jpg

We have a pair of wild mallards that come to visit each year. They hang out at our place because they get fed and there's a stormwater culvert running along the back of our property where they can swim. They reappeared a couple of days ago - I was so pleased to see them. It's been so wet here our backyard is basically a swamp. So they are having fun dabbling in the puddles looking for bugs/worms (I'm assuming) in the mud.

I thought I'd submit a photo of the drake as he's rather gorgeous and pretty tolerant of the kids. He has earned the name of Mr Muddyface though.
slightly smaller.jpg

Not submissions but here's the reason for the name:
Mr Mud.jpg

Now I understand the saying "Up to my eyeballs in mud"!
Mr Muddyface.jpg

Last two submissions - Button Quail:

Whistler.jpg

Spicey 2 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom