1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Other Poultry Types" Pic of the Week (POW)

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by sumi, Jun 12, 2016.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Although BYC's content and activities is predominantly chicken related, we have noticed an increase in interest and activity in our Other BackYard Poultry section. Following the success of the new Other Fowl Learning Center section, we have decided to give the other poultry types (Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Emus, etc) their own Pic of the Week (POW)!

Following the Chicken POW process, every week, we'll be choosing a pic from our member's "My Chickens" pages to be featured as a Picture Of The Week (POW) on the homepage of the site.

To a create a page do the following… Look for and open the "Learning Center" tab in the brown header. Once you're in, look for "My Chickens":

[​IMG]

Click on that and look on the left of your screen for "Add a Chicken Page"

[​IMG]

Click on that and you will get a template where you can put in your page's title, put your pics and description or any info you'd like to add about your birds in the contents section. When you're done, scroll down and look on the right side of your screen for "Save"

In the page we want you to post a few pics of your fowl and then some information about them, for example:

• Breeds
    • Ages
    • Where you got them
    • Favorite treats, funny stories, their personalities, what you love most about them, etc.

Any questions, comments or feedback, please reply to this thread. We will start the new POW as soon as possible and have scheduled it for Saturdays.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

A friend and I just thought about this last night, and I find it funny that you had actually been working on it behind the scenes! [​IMG] I look forward to seeing a variety of birds on the homepage of BYC.

~Alex

1 person likes this.
  3. NathanZee

NathanZee Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Many thanks again to Sumi and @Nifty-Chicken and whoever else is doing this! I've never done a chicken POW, so do we post our page here?

4. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    @NathanZee I saw your page. Wonderful, wonderful pics, thank you!

1 person likes this.
  5. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Turtle Rock Poultry Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Great! I have been hoping this would become a new feature for quite some time. Thanks, moderators! [​IMG]
    -Banti

6. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  7. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Never a better person to get the very first Other Poultry POW![​IMG]

~Alex

8. sumi

Jun 28, 2011