Otherwise heathy chickens with occasional stinky diarrhoea?

Lazygaze

Songster
Dec 3, 2020
Morning all.
I have three 12 week old chickens who this morning are doing particularly rank smelling diarrhoea-y poops. Is this something chickens fed on a diet mainly of pellets but the occasional kitchen scrap/treat do? Or is it cause for concern? They are otherwise healthy but over the 12 wks have periodically done stinky runny poops, I’ve always just assumed it was their gut bacteria developing as they tried new stuff but it’s particularly gross this morning.
They all also do normal healthy looking ones.
The less pleasant ones are usually brown and creamy, sometimes white and watery, if you’re interested 🤢

Sounds fairly normal to me! Sounds like "cecal poops" although at our house we call them "number 10's" cause when we were raising our first batch we noticed, about every one in 10 turds they dropped on your lap was one of those! I believe the watery ones are just drinking too much water, but I could be wrong, but the brown gross ones sound like #10s!

Sounds fairly normal to me! Sounds like "cecal poops" although at our house we call them "number 10's" cause when we were raising our first batch we noticed, about every one in 10 turds they dropped on your lap was one of those! I believe the watery ones are just drinking too much water, but I could be wrong, but the brown gross ones sound like #10s!

Ahhhh yes, I’d never heard of this and just googled 🤢 and yes this does seem to be what it is! Thank you 😊

Back
Top Bottom