Ouch! fiber glass poles!

Rooster#3

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
wisconsin
i was tying up the fence and accidenty touched one of the fiberglass poles and got thousands of those little slivers.do you guys have any idea of how to get them out? they are way to small to get with a tweezers.
.there has to be some kind of trick......

thanks
Roo#3

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
Oh I feel for you

When I was in high school, I had to make an Elizabethan costume for the homecoming parade float.

I went and got these fabulous draperies at the goodwill and made the best dress.

After wearing the dress for several hours for the parade, I started itching.

Turned out they were fiberglass drapes.

twentynine

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Several methods

Duct tape

Cold water, cold cream wipe with panty hose

DO NOT USE HOT WATER!!!!!!

Spookwriter

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Ohio
Quick search brought this....

I don't think you can get them out. But hydrocortisone cream should help the itching.

Packet of Epsom salts and enough hot water to cover your hand. Dump salts in and swish them about until they stop dissolving them dump some more for luck. Soak hand for 10-30 minutes, 2-4 times per day until all splinters work themselves out.

Penturner

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Reno Nevada
duct tape, coat hand with Elmer's glue let dry and peal (added entertainment value). I used to use a face mask stuff that dried on your face and then you peeled it off. It would pull out blackheads. Not sure if that stuff is still around. stick your hand in mud and then let it dry, wash off. If I think a little I can probably come up with more but my very favorite is to "Not touch the pole" It hurts!

Chook-A-Holic

Songster
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
Central, N.C.
I did the same thing a few months ago by grabbing some UV damaged fiberglass. Them little pieces of glass are tiny and both of my palms were covered and I was miserable(I bet I wear gloves the next time...lol). I went to a nail salon and had them to wax both of my hands. It was instant relief.

Top Bottom