OUCH! I bet that hurt...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Rozzie, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    The smaller eggs is a "normal" egg from my young girls -- about 10 grams (theirs are 10-12 grams). The big one is also from one of my young girls -- TWENTY grams. Ouch, ouch, ouch. I hope it was one of the bigger girls that laid that one, at least!

[​IMG]

2. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Sorry, didn't think it posted this time. Working slow tonight or my puter is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  3. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Well, that beats my 18 gram egg laid this afternoon by a young White. (Double the Yolk)
    Have to track that gal and get her into a separate pen to make sure those yolks don't continue in my case. This one was longer than rounder.

Yes I took a phone Pic but last time he tried to load that thing onto my puter, it crashed, so not going to happen. Besides, it was delish.

4. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    LOL Yep, it is absolutely monstrous. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd think it is one of my whites, too. They are the biggest of the bunch. For the sake of the others' backsides, I hope it was the biggest girl in the pen!

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I get some double yolks from time to time, but today I got three from my chickens that have only been laying for a month. The one that just started laying lays the biggest. I have mutant chickies.[​IMG]

6. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    They think its Spring here. Happens with young pullets, then they should straiten out in a week and never happen again. If not, we know how to cull. Rozzie doesn't care if they lay double yolks or not, so her birds are good to go. And no my Whites are not that big yet, so I feel sorry for my gal.

My Pear tree has pears forming, the size of grapes? I have new growth leafing out on trees? I am going to loose some plants this year, I bet cause it is going to freeze for a few nights here this week.

7. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    Brrrr. I had some grass greening up, but then we had flurries today. It's COLD outside. Supposed to have more snow this weekend...

8. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Does a 17 g and a 4 g count. If I weigh them together I get 21g, hay almost 22g. And from an adult pen of Golds, the only pen still laying. It froze last night and is going to tonight. But not where they are. Spoiled brats.

She says, will ok I'll lay one for ya, but don't get your hopes up, cause your getting the minimum output for the maximum input. [​IMG]

9. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Here are some of mine. That brown egg is a large chicken egg from a Buff Orpington.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now lets not forget the girls that laid them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How about them roosters?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And when they do their job you get this...
    [​IMG]

10. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Them are little cuties. I like how you bring them in and give them blankies when its cold outside. I don't do that.

Maybe that's why she gave me a 4g egg for my breakfast, huh. Holding out for a blanky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by