Ouch Stinging Nettle!

mamagardener

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Central Massachussetts
Well, I was working in the yard not wearing gloves, I don't know why I always wear gloves. Well I was cutting down some flowers and other stuff not thinking about it when Ouch!!! I grabbed me a handful of stinging nettle. Let me tell you the pain does not go away!!! From now on I will be wearing gloves!
sad.png

Anyone else ever do that or something like it?

Last edited:
I got some that on my leg a long time ago, before I knew what it was. I was in the western part of Oklahoma, I had never seen any in the area I was from.

That stuff hurt so bad. I was with my wife and another couple. I had to play it tough. I couldn't believe how much it hurt.

Lol. When I was younger, a group of friends and I were playing in the cow pasture. I got nailed with stinging nettle, then went bolting for the house and ended up getting nailed by the electric fence on the way there. It felt like a kick in the guts when the fence got me, but I can tell you, the nettles hurt worse!!!

an old remedy for nettle burn: chew up a bit of plantain leaf and rub it on the burn. Better IMO is to use juice from jewel weed aka touch me not aka wild impatiens. That is also super for poison ivy. Grows in damp fields and woodland edges/openings.
While playing hide and seek as a little one I jumped out the hayloft and into the nettle patch. owwwwwwwwwww

my husband had his first experience with stinging nettles this summer. took the dogs to the river and was coming back through a brushy section and DH started to itch and burn and holy cow!!! i told him what it was and he didn't believe me he was not happy for the next couple hours

Back
Top Bottom