ouch!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovesduckies, Jun 27, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    anyone else have issues with ingrown toe nails?? i hate feet!!!! [​IMG] they grosse me out so i try to have pretty ones and healthy ones. i just dug out an ingrown toe nail and had to cut it. now my toe is throbbing. i need to get one of those tools that they have at the nail salon!!!

2. Chicken mouth

Chicken mouth Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2008
    SA, Australia
    I hate ingrown toenails soo much! I have one right now! Luckily there is no pain but the heat and throbbing is very annoying.

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    yeah i'm sitting here with my foot elevated cuz it's throbbing and it hasn't really stopped. which is probably why it's 3:32 and i'm still awake [​IMG]

4. Jaguaress

Jaguaress Chicken Addict Wanna-be

May 27, 2010
    Piedmont, NC
    Soak your toe(s) in salt water that's as hot as you can stand it. Make sure to oversaturate with salt. (Mix the salt into the hot water until you see salt at the bottom that won't absorb.) Keep it in there 15 minutes or until the water cools completely. Do this twice a day until healed.

Cutting the toenails straight across can help to prevent ingrown toenails. I feel your pain, cos I used to get them all the time as a kid.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    thanks!!! i will do that tomorrow before i clean the house (mom is comin home tuesday after being gone since the 7th and she's a clean freak and the house isn't up to standards LOL)

6. Jaguaress

Jaguaress Chicken Addict Wanna-be

May 27, 2010
    Piedmont, NC
    You're welcome. [​IMG]

Please don't hate me when it hurts. It does hurt like the dickens at first, but the more regularly you do it, the faster it heals. Or at least it was that way for me.

I used to have them so often I'd get blood poisoning. Finally, one doctor told me to do the soaking routine, and the blood poisoning stopped at least. lol

Hope y'all feel better asap.

7. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    My DH gets them from is job. He's on his feet sometimes nearly 15 hours a day. He works in a foundry where he has to have stell-toed boots and it's extremely hot. He has thought about having the surgury to remove them but it always seems to get put on the back burner. [​IMG]

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i'm surprised my dad doesn't get them actually. he wears steel toed boots for hours everyday too!!! and he doesn't take care of hisfeet. i give myself pedicures on a regular basis. i'd get them done at the salon, but i'd rather have my nails done LOL. i feel weird without nails [​IMG] but i will do the salt thing. i think we still have epsome (?spelling) salt. my little brother was getting them bad when he played football in high school.

my grandpa suffered from really bad ingrown toenails. he was getting pedicures with my grandma, but her lady told him to soak his feet in BLEACH!?!? well it got worse and he got his toenails removed [​IMG] i'm glad he wears socks and doesn't like to show them off LOL like i said feet grosse me out [​IMG]

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:ETA: if i don't have the epsom salt, will sea salt work? i know we have some left over from my belly button piercing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by