Our 25 lb Cornish X

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by suensmitty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. suensmitty

suensmitty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2009
    Stockton, CA
    My husband and I weighed our Cornish X today and he is 25 pounds!! He's only 7 months old. When we first got him we didn't know that he was a Cornish X. I learned that he was a Cornish X when I searched the internet and found this website. I learned that theCornish X don't live very long. We also had a hen and unfortunatley she passed away in mid December. It was very hard but we knew that we gave her the very best life we could. As for our big fellow, he is something else. He is full of life and he is a feisty one. It's unbelievable how attached you can get to these chickens. They are the most loveable creatures.[​IMG]

Here are a couple of pictures of our guy (Big'N).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Holy huge rooster!! Your hubby looks like one of the Canadians who come down for hunting camp. [​IMG]

3. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a big chicken!

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep he is huge, I've been in the broiler Breeder houses before and some of those roos are almost turkeys.

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    He is HUGE! Here is my Cornish Rock pullet, Maude, in a pic I took back in Sept. She'll be 1 year old on March 17...

[​IMG]

They are wonderful chickens! [​IMG]

6. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bycers say this is one a roo!
    I've been troubled by what to do with him
    sell him to become dinner or let him grow out and pass away,as they don't live long I quess!

7. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh my......

8. suensmitty

Jul 27, 2009
    Stockton, CA
    Robin's Brood, Maude is a beauty! She is very well taken care of. Our hen lady was a beauty, too. We miss her so much!! Does she lay eggs for you??

chickenmamalp, you should keep him/her. You may not have him/her for very long but they are the most loving chickens. He/she is so cute I just want to pick it up and hug it!!

9. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    She was laying but she seems to be taking a winter hiatus... plus, she's molting! Here is one of her enormous double yolk eggs...

[​IMG]

Edited to add... I lost Maude's sister, Ethel, not long after that pic was taken. She had internal issues and always laid soft shelled eggs. [​IMG]

This was Ethel...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  10. suensmitty

Jul 27, 2009
    Stockton, CA
    Wow, Maude's eggs are huge! And Ethel is a beauty, too. They're so white!

Here's a picture of our hen Lady Bug and Big'N. This picture was taken the beginning of November. Lady Bug had issues since she was a chick. She panted a lot so we thought that she probably had a weak heart. She was a sweetheart!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by