Our 3=5 Jersey Giant Chicks **PICS**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tomhusker, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    We picked up our JG babies yesterday from Kathyinmo on our way home from our vacation. We planned initially on getting 3, but we all know how well those plans work out. SO, we got 5. They are about 2 weeks old and are HUGE eaters... and thus, HUGE poopers! All 5 are very healthy and active. These are the second batch of chicks we got from Kathy. I would recommend her to anyone looking to increase their flock.

We drove home part of the way in extreme heat after our AC went out in our rental car. It was very uncomfortable, but we did get some relief when a rain storm cooled things off for the last hour or so. The babies arrived home none the worse for the wear and were placed in the brooder. One immediately flew up and out, letting me know that I didn't make it tall enough to leave the lid open. I finally got some pics tonight so I wanted to post up. I picked out 2 Blacks, 2 Blues and a Splash. I used my vast knowledge and experience in guessing which were roo's and hope I got 2 of them.
    Here ya go.

Other Black:
    Other Blue:
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    They are sweet!
  3. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    Cute, I just got my JG eggs today and in the incu they went!
  4. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Argh! I am green with envy...I'd LOVE to have a few JGs running around. I was just looking online to see if I could find any near Austin, TX. Maybe Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX. I especially like the blue and the splash. Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by