Our 3 week old chicks! pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by evhammond1200, Jun 6, 2010.

1. evhammond1200

evhammond1200 In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Canaan, NH
    [​IMG]
    Our one Americauna(EE) that made it we love her patterning! we started with two and lost one of them
    [​IMG]
    Another pic of the Americauna(EE) in my hand
    [​IMG]
    One of our Barred Rocks
    [​IMG]
    One of our Golden Comets
    [​IMG]
    One of the silver laced wdots
    [​IMG]
    one of the buff orps
    [​IMG]
    7 of the group of 11 chicks we have

2. ElioraImmanuel

ElioraImmanuel Songster

Jan 8, 2010
    Adorable!

3. I love seeing them grow up!! [​IMG]

I have a 2 week old BR and it doesn't look half as big as yours! I gotta take pics, they grow so fast you can hardly tell [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love the partridge patterning of my EE, too. She's gorgeous. Once yours gets past that 'awkward teenage' phase, I bet she'll be gorgeous too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. felidaet

felidaet Songster

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    The Buff Orpington does not lok like a Buff Orpington to me. It looks like another Gold Comet. A Buff Orpington should not be this dark of a color and should be more evenly colored.

6. Salve&Fluffer

Salve&Fluffer Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    I also HAD a Barred Rock (it died), and right now have two Buff Orpingtons in the same "flock" (only five chickens) as a Silver laced Wyandotte. The buffs look a lot different than yours. We have also had two other Buff Orpingtons (now dead) that looked different than yours does.

Goldfinch and Buttercup, buff orpingtons
    [​IMG]

Salve, buff orpington, and Geese, gold link
    [​IMG]

Silverwings, silver laced wyandotte
    [​IMG]

silver laced wyandotte, buff orpingtons and black astralorps (Cypher and Fluffy) sleeping
    [​IMG]

Buttercup
    [​IMG]

Buttercup or Goldfinch
    [​IMG]

7. evhammond1200

Apr 16, 2010
    Canaan, NH
    Quote:yeah we are not completly sure if it is or not we got three golden comets and three buff orps we have three that are dark and three light so we assume the lighter ones are the comets?? well that is unless the feed store gave us the wrong ones??

8. evhammond1200

Apr 16, 2010
    Canaan, NH
    Quote:yeah they are huge just three weeks ago they were little puff balls! Im taking pics each week! to see the changes! One of the Barred Rocks is already putting herself in charge the other ten follow her lead and she is less afraid of new things than the others!! Its fun to watch:)

9. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    These pictures make me shout in Aw [​IMG]

10. mrsp523

mrsp523 Songster

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    cute chicks evhammond. It helps to see posts of other young ones, I have a handful that we are trying to target what they are, and having comparisons is good.
    Gryeyes, what type of chicken is the black and white one in 2nd pic? Cant see a whole lot, but what I see shows a good looking chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by