1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our 4-week old 'babies'!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AnnieOK, Feb 29, 2012.

1. AnnieOK

AnnieOK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2011
    Southcentral Oklahoma
    Our 18 Black Australorp babies are 4 weeks old today! Boy, they grow fast. Wanted to post a couple of pics. I know I don't have any experience with chickens and different breeds, but so far I am loving these australorps. They (knock on wood) have all been healthy and active from the beginning, and they don't seem afraid of us at all; they come to my hands when I reach in to change their feed and water; I put a branch in for them to roost on and they were immediately curious about it. When I step out into the garage I speak to them and they raise up their heads and go to cheeping and come to the side of their box closest to me. I hope to be able to call them in later on, in case I ever need to. This is being a lot of fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shane17

Shane17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    Cool ...my chicks are 1 week old today. they got moved into a larger brooder today also. Im hoping[​IMG] the weather is decent enough for them to be heading out to the big house in about 3 weeks!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by