our 9 week old roo learning to crow [link to sound]

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tygab, Jul 13, 2008.

1. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
  2. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    OMG that is so cute! Mine is trying at 16 weeks... it is very pathetic and I can't keep from laughing. Hard to believe he is a big bad roo in training!
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love the baby crows! SO cute!
  4. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    [​IMG] aww that is so cute! I love that sound. A neighbor off in the distance has a rooster and I love to hear him crowing. Charley is so cute.
  5. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Aww how cute! whenever my hubby and I get property in the next year i want a roo he sounds like he is trying to be the big man haha
  6. gina99mark

gina99mark Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2008
    [​IMG] how funny what a cute sound i dont have a rooster yet but im working on my husband to get me one
  7. utahmethodist

utahmethodist Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    SLC, UT
    Oh my gosh, can we please, please, please see a photo of Charlie? [​IMG]
  8. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    re picture - sure thing, heh, I should have posted one to begin with. Taken yesterday afternoon!

I didn't want a roo but DH did (and he did most the hard work for the coop and run). Now I am glad we got him. After we were sure we didn't end up with a roo out of our pullet order (we did not), I got Charlie just two weeks ago at the NH chicken meet up. It took him a day or two to realize he was the only guy in Chickville, and he's recently stepped up with the crowing. I hope he stays nice to humans, or at least us, though!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    HAHAHA mine sounds EXACTLY like that. I crack up laughing everytime he tries. I don't know what type of bantem I have I can't figure it out because at atwoods they have assorted bantems that are just all together in one crate. Ill c if I can get a picture of him on here soon :]
  10. mcfarlandteresa

mcfarlandteresa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    McAlester, Oklahoma
    Lucky you! Congratulations on the roo crowing! Mine is 6 1/2 months old and isn't crowing. All of my other roosters that I had-dog got 4 roosters, 2 ducks and 9 hens-were crowing and I loved to wake up to that.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by