Our accidental guinea chicken hybrid

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by scottishsong, Jan 18, 2016.

1. scottishsong

scottishsong Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2015
    Just wanted to share some photos of this little guy. Our guineas roost with our chickens and little Corvin happened. I think he's pretty cute

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. randr ranch

randr ranch Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2016
    It will be interesting to see what traits Covin takes on as an adult. Thanks for sharing.

3. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Hopefully he is a tick eating machine without the annoying qualities of a guinea. If so, they need to become a new thing!

4. gguineasfamily

gguineasfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Honestly looks like a chicken to me, idk, did he come from a Guinea egg?

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Looks like a normal chicken to me. I can't wait to see what he/she grows up to be!

6. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  7. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    Looks to have the body shape of a Guinea, especially with that downward lobster tail. He even has the tiny wattles. Did he come from a Guinea egg? Super cute! Can't wait to see what he looks like grown. Most Guinea chicken hybrids get the bald head.

8. scottishsong

Sep 21, 2015
    Well, I didn't know it was a guinea egg. I was collecting eggs to put in the incubator, egg turner and found some on the ground outside. I thought it was unusual but put them in the incubator with the others. My chickens and rooster are rhode island reds but two black chicks hatched, only one survived though. This is our first year with guineas and I didn't even realize this was possible. So far his feathers are coming in nicely everywhere but his head and neck, which still has fuzz. It looks to be thinning but I still don't know what is going to happen at this point. I've looked up so many photos for the hybrids and they all seem so different.

9. scottishsong

Sep 21, 2015
    I always say that guineas look like vultures. I would love it if he grew to look like this!

10. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    He's very cute. Keep us updated! I would love to see what he looks like all grown up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by