our babies are here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bangor777, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I split an order with jennyhaschicks...we got a total of 28 chicks from ideal. Post office called at 2:30 am (yay!). One little one was dead on arrival, one died on the way home. The rest are all doing great!
    Both of the dead ones were tiny, I think they might not have done well even without shipping. The others are eating, drinking and running around. We lucked out because we are in northern maine and the weather could have been so much worse! It was 30 degrees when I went to get them.

So excited!

we got:
    easter eggers
    New hampshire reds
    sebrights
    sumatras
    cochins (my fav)
    cornish

Beautiful babies, we'll post pics later when we get them sorted out!
    I'm tired now though![​IMG]:weee:weee:weee:yiipchick

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    awesome cant wait to see pics

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    We love pics!!!!

4. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Congrats Bangor! Mine arrived from Ideal at 5:15 am this morning!

Can't wait to see pics of your babies.

5. Lorettawyandotte

Lorettawyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    Mine got here at 7 a.m. in pretty good shape...lost one on the way...the rest are running around doing baby chick stuff...very happy to get out of the box and get something to eat and drink...seemed they wanted water more than anything...I got

2 red cochins
    2 gold cochins
    5 javas
    5 catalanas
    5 wf black spanish
    5 buff leghorns
    5 columbian wyandottes

all pullets I hope
    and then there is the issue of the gold campines which is my only issue...they did not have them and I wish they would have called me and let me choose a different type...instead I got 6 packing p-nuts all nice little yellow chicks who are going to be darned leghorn roos that I will have to murder and put in the freezer...not my favorite job...
    I am grateful that they all made the trip with the exception of one of the packing p-nuts...love my little fuzzy butts...
    I have two black cochins and a silver laced cochin roo...I think they are my favs...oh I don't know...I think they are all my favs!

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Lori I didn't think you would mind if I posted some of my chicks on your thread since we placed to order together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Hey Jen,
    No I don't mind! I'm so glad you did...my stupid camera is only taking blurry photos (I was going to say fuzzy then I realized that could have been taken two ways lol). How's your gang doing? Do the kids love them? keep me posted! Mine are all great. We named the barred cochin flappy, the rest are un named as yet.

8. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Mine are eating like pigs. The kids love them and have named a few. The barred cochin is Fluffy and one of the Sumatras is Cocoa. They call one of the EEs Chubby. [​IMG]
    They are all doing really well and are quite entertaining.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by