Our Babies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Broodica, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Broodica

Broodica Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    We have one 4 week old Rouen, not sure male/female, one 4 week old mallard, and two 3 week old mallards - they are all supposed to be female.

Price - our 4 week old Mallard female - but her bill is quite yellow (not orangey) at this point? Doesn't show well in the pics.
    [​IMG]

Soap - our 4 week old Rouen - he is definitely huge, but not as feathered as Price and they are the same age...maybe 2 days apart. My son is 14 and almost 6 feet. Soap is easily as long as his forearm.
    [​IMG]

The 2 little ones at 3 weeks - Napoleon (the smallest) and Josephine
    [​IMG]

4 ducks in a tub! They LOVE their swims. The little ones go underwater and swim underneath the older one's, right between their legs!
    [​IMG]

The older ones are sort of quacking with a definite quack every now and then....they grow up so fast!!!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Very nice Duckies. They look like they are spoiled rotten. [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, I agree, they are very nice duckies!! [​IMG] thanks for sharing the pics! [​IMG]

4. sandcat

sandcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    They are just darling!!!

5. Broodica

Broodica Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Thanks! Who knew you could fall in love with ducks.....and chicks too....siiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhh [​IMG]

Yes they are well loved and are total cuddlers, especially Soap, the Rouen. If you sit on the floor, they all jump in your lap and when you walk around, they follow you everywhere. Love to have their necks scritched. We thought the younger one's wouldn't bond too easily to us since they had the older ducks to hang with, but they are now following the older ducks leads and while still a little cautious, are eager to be picked up and hang out with us as well. My youngest son is in heaven!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by