Our banty "couch"in, Tribble

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JennsPeeps, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    This morning I brought my banty cochin, Tribble, into the house with me to sit on my lap while I read the newspaper. We're trying to socialize her better (she's our flock loner) b/c we hope to have her raise the chicks we'll order from MPC next month.

Here it is, nearly 5 hours later and she's been on the couch the entire time. Tribble has gorged herself on feed, preened, dozed, picked at the cats' tails, pooped, and cooed and trilled a whole lot. She even explored the living room floor until she found the space heater, where she stopped dead in her tracks. This is the same bird who burned some of her feathers off a month ago when she got too close to the heat lamp in the coop. [​IMG]

She seems very comfy and happy, it seems like a shame to take her inside!!

We hope that she does well with the chicks, which we suspect she will. They'll outgrow her in just a few weeks - she only weighs 21 ounces!!
    [​IMG]

2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Uh hum!...where' the pics of the little cutie? [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    OK, so this isn't a pic of her inside (don't have a way right now to get pics off camera onto comp), but here's the feisty little girl last summer:
    [​IMG]

She has a twisted beak and is full of spunk.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Can you say "SRC"? Spoiled Rotten Chicken? Must have pics! [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Thanks for that pic, Jenn. She's definitely a cutie patootie...and well worth spoiling! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by