our biggest show of the year!! State Fair! (in Idaho r you coming?)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shadowpaints, Aug 1, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    the Eastern Idaho State Fair is only a month away!! im so excited!! we are already prepping the minis and such for their big Debut! the state fair is beyond the biggest show we go to . over 100,000 people will walk by my stalls, thousands will watch my best minis compete!!
    last year we didnt have any foals to take, but this year we are taking all 4! we also added a cremello (Daisy) who we are taking just to see if she can do well.

if any of the BYC members in Idaho are coming to the EISF in Blackfoot, ID september 4-11 we would sure like to see ya!! we show on the 5th! we will be in the draft horse barn ( i know lol funny)

of course, we are and always will be

[​IMG]

and YES there will be pics, starting this week of the horses we are prepping!

does anyone here show anything at their fair??

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Chickens!!! [​IMG]

good luck at your fair! May we see photos of them before, during and after the prep?

3. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i will be starting to show pics, this next week, i havent gotten any uploaded that i have taken, but i figure by wensday ill have all the minor prepping done, and just be lunging horses every day so ill have more time to upload and edit (most of the pics have my vehicle in them so il be editing the licence plate out lol)

4. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    just got done with working Lacey (6 year old black pinto mare) who is ummm a bit on chubby side, more so than the rest of my horses LOL i swear, you limit her food and work her she gains weight, you feed her just like the biggies, and she stays the same UGH lol i sure hope that the extra 20 minutes of work i have added (making her work load 40 mins 2 times a day) helps her get some of that insulation off! lol

also lunged Tanner, (a 8 year old black mare) she has lost a good amount of weight this summer (came to us grotesquley obese) and she has added some muscle. im really likeing how she is turning out!! such a pretty mare.

both mares got their forelocks braided and tails too so that they arent all over the place for the show .

ill try to get pics of the both of them in the morning, it was nearly dark when i put tanner away [​IMG]

5. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    GAHHH lol 4 weeks from tomorrow and we will be at the fair!!

i have one mare that i cant seem to get to loose weight, and one that needs a little on her topline! lol other than that, we are close to being prepped! pics soon!

i have been working on their nameplates the last few days wow talk about work!

6. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    I live in Poc and I love love love the fair!! I can't wait! We don't show anything but love to see all the animals my 4 yo son is a huge animal lover.

7. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Too far for me here in Central Cali, but if you have pics of your cremello mare I think you should post them!

8. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by