1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Boston Terrier - Does anyone else have Bostons? many (PICS!)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by noahsmom, Feb 2, 2013.

1. noahsmom

noahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2013
    North Eastern, Ky
    Just wondering if anyone else had Bostons?
    I have NEVER liked small dogs, Before my divorce, my ex and I had a Golden Retriever and Show Quality gorgeous Great Dane! I loved them both dearly but I quickly learned on my own I was unable to properly take care of these dogs and had to let them go :( When time came that I was finally financially stable I decided a small dog was the best choice, that way no matter what I could take care of him and wouldn't have to go through such a loss again. I'm with my fiance' now and 10months ago on Feb 6th will mark Our Bostons 1year old Bday.
    I never liked Bostons to be honest, But after searching for months through so many small dog breeds and my SO really liking the breed I decided to contact a breeder. We brought our little "RUGER" home at 8weeks old only weighing 1lb! Now hes almost 1year and 16lbs and honestly I couldn't be happier, he is the best dog I've ever owned and on so many levels. We are adding another some time this year I hope and that will be my final dog for quite some time as two is plenty. (especially when I want to keep chickens!) :)

Here are some pics of him as he grew...
    This is from the first week we had him home! :)
    (His big belly was a concern for me and that next week I took him to the vet to find out he had tape worms - just for those dog people maybe noticing this in the pic)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Him at one of our local state parks with us fishing, He LOVES water! We can throw sticks in and he will go under the water to get them lol! He loves getting out on our boat to! He is such a good boy. :)
    [​IMG]

They are best friends...I'm not really sure what my son would do without him. They love each other so deeply and are inseparable...Ruger even sleeps at the foot of Noahs bed every night & acts as his little guardian during the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here he is NOW! :) And no we don't have a begging problem..Nooooo not at all... lol
    Can you tell he has learned to tilt that head just enough to say I'm sooo ugly I'm cuttee you have to give me a bite. But in my defense when he is asked to go lay down he DOES listen!
    [​IMG]

We couldn't ask for a better dog :)

2. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    I think Bostons are adorable but unfortunately I have never met one, yours sounds great and soooooooooo cute [​IMG]

3. jorey

jorey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    north adams
    I have a Boston. Maizie is almost 6 yrs old now and I ve had her since she was 8wks old. Everyone in my family has had or does have Bostons. My one aunt raised them for many years. I think they are the best little dogs tou can get. A little dog you can rough house with and not worry about accidently hurting. I also have boxers and they are so much alike. I also have 2 Boston mixes that are wonderfull. I will never not have a Boston in my life. Love the little clowns.

4. foothillsfiber

foothillsfiber Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Arkansas
    I sure do miss mine. I have had one from the time I was walking. You know the coppertone ad, that could have been me. Maybe someday when I get a yard again I will get another

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by