Our boxer, "B"

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Rogue_Woman, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    My husband got B when she was 2, a woman had bought her as a puppy and after a few years, wanted to get her away from her husband, who abused the dog. B lived until the ripe old age of 16, when we had to euthanise her because her stomach cancer began to systemically spread and she could no longer keep food down. I wanted to share some pics of the best dog we've ever had the opportunity to live with.

B's puppy pictures. The lady saved this picture of her and gave them to my husband when he rescued her. B is the last puppy on the right:

[​IMG]

Here is B when she was about 5 years old. She had to have some of the cleanest lines on a boxer I've ever seen! She could not be shown because of an uneven bite--I'm glad she was only "pet" quality though, because we never would have met her otherwise. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is B at 7 years old, getting a bath from my husband. She HATED water, but would tolerate anything for him:

[​IMG]

And here is B at 15, just 3 months before she died. Even though her body had begun to waste by then, she was still so beautiful and alert:

[​IMG]

I hope you all enjoyed seeing one of the greatest boxers ever (in my book)! We miss B, and we were lucky to have her!

B
    1990-2006

2. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    OMG she's gorgeous!! She was such a lucky girl to have you guys as her family. Thank you for making her life a happy one...all dogs deserve such love!

Boxers are just the BEST dogs in the world...I just love them all to pieces. [​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm so glad she got to be yours! Thanks for taking such great care of her and giving her a wonderful life. She's beautiful. I'm sorry she's gone...

4. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    she is beautiful! sorry about the loss.. i know it can be tough even if it was like 2 years ago the pain of her being gone is stil there. i should know i have many boxer dogs die from either canser or old age.
    here are my current pet boxers:
    here is Buddy:
    [​IMG]
    here is sassy:
    [​IMG]
    and here they are together:
    [​IMG]

i have a question, did you crop B's ears or did the person befor her do that?

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I would think B's previous owner's cropped them, considering her mother's ears are also cropped.

Here's to B's great life with a loyal family. Everyone should have that opportunity.

6. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    What a wonderful dog! I'm very sorry for your loss of such a great dog, but you sure did have a lot of good years together and she looks very happy and loved in the pics ..even the tub pic! [​IMG]

Boxers are one of my most favorite breeds!

7. glowworm

glowworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    Boxers have the highest cancer incidence rate, followed by golden retrievers. It's sad because both breeds are sweet dogs.

You are so lucky to have her reach the age of 16. Most dogs don't go that far. Your "B" was the puppy that looked most like mom! The bath picture is cute too, I think if she had a tail it would be between her legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by