1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Brand new Chickens!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Erin K, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Erin K

Erin K Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Our new chickens by Erin K Creatoins, on Flickr[/img]
    We just got our first chickens. I've wanted them my whole life. I love them.

I don't have much more to say about them yet. They seem sweet. They ate some grubs we didn't know we had, so my husband thinks they are awesome. They are gentle with my kids so far.

Names:
    The all black one is Sweetums (my 5 year old was in charge of that name)
    The brown one is Fancy Nancy (she's fancy, with ear tufts)
    The black and white is a Rock Barred (sorry! I meant Barred Rock) and I don't know what to name her yet, but I think they are the most beautiful chickens of all when they grow up so it has to be a really great name.

We are all super excited around here.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Did you mean Barred Rock?????

3. Erin K

Aug 3, 2011
    Quote:Yes. Sorry I'm new! That is what I meant. [​IMG]

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Congratulations on your new chicks! The are very nice looking pullets.[​IMG]

5. Erin K

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks! I think they are the most beautiful and fantastic birds on earth. [​IMG]

6. Erin K

Aug 3, 2011
    I just cleared one of the libraries out of all their chicken books. The boys are outside looking at the chickens.

I'm sure this new chicken excitement is old news to your long time chicken people, but we are just over the moon.

7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Yes. Sorry I'm new! That is what I meant. [​IMG]

Lol, it's ok... I couldn't remember how to say Dominique at first. Lol

8. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Cute!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I totally understand. I happen to have the most beautiful chickens (although a couple of hens are overly favored by the roosters, with that hussy Rhoda who obviously never refuses a rooster having the barest back). My chickens have the best......... Well, most interesting personalities ever. And a few are the sweetest gals, although Molly mumbles and whines a bit too much and can't quite articulate what the issue may actually be.....

George is too big for his Sebright britches and tells everybody about it. Gilda is raising a solo chick and she keeps what I hope is a baby pullet far from George's shenanigans.

Oh, wait.... Welcome to BYc, where you will most assuredly feel at home! [​IMG]

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    You don't have to "downtalk" your excitement around here: nothing in life, besides my children and husband, brings me quite so much excitement and joy as my small flock. And if you're lucky, the joy never goes away! It grows! I LOVE my chickens. Congrats on some beautiful birds!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by