1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Broody house

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sadie423, Apr 30, 2009.

1. sadie423

sadie423 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2008
    We have 2 broody hens...one had fake eggs and one was on 4 real eggs...we have been trying to find a separate place for them and we finally just got a couple of cheap 4x8 ft boards at Home Depot and plastic and made them a little box, and attached it to the run we used when our baby chicks were too small for the main yard....
    [​IMG]

We wrapped it in plastic and have plastic rolled up to roll down in front in case it rains hard. I hope they stay dry.

[​IMG]

Here they are in their nests....so happy to be alone and not being sat on by other birds!

[​IMG]

I hope the eggs are good! I've never candled and I am not sure I will bother them to try so....but it should be good for the chicks too....although I am not too sure about 2 moms and babies in one place....will the moms fight when the babies are hatched?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I think that's a great idea! I need something myself and that looks "doable". I have 4 silly girls broody right now and the others keep adding eggs so I have to sort through every evening.

I really need to get these girls isolated and I might just steal your idea! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by