Our cat just died..

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by perfectly_polish, Jul 14, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    To make this week even worse, my favorite cat is dead. She was an indoor only cat, but somehow she had gotten out. We saw her the night before and were trying to get her back in, but she was very skidish and usually just hung around in the back yard with the chickens or under the deck. This had happened before and if she didn't come in on her own she would usually let me get close enough to grab her. Well on the home we see this calico fur on the side of road near our house. I knew it was her as soon as I saw it, but wanted to believe differently. But we looked anyway and for sure enough it was our sweet Darcy...

She was very hard to take pictures of, so these are the only ones I have of her..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    :aww :aww

I am SO sorry. I know how it feels to lose a pet like that. I know it hurts, and there's not much I can say except I know you gave her a GREAT life, and she lived a wonderful life. [​IMG]

3. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    :aww I am so sorry for ur loss. I hate to see any aminal that on the road. I have 7 cats and I pray that it never happens here. (they are all barn cats). :aww

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:We have a few barn cats too, and we've had them since we moved in here, not one of them has died, but one night when she gets out, her whole life is over..life doesn't make sense sometimes.

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    :aww Know how you feel. Lost a beloved cat to a road. He just wouldn't stay inside. you have my deepest sympathy. :aww

6. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm sorry. She's so pretty and healthy looking in the pictures. You gave her a good home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by