Our chickens enjoying snow for the first time!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Iggy82, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Iggy82

Iggy82 New Egg

Sep 6, 2009
    These are our rescued battery-hens enjoying snow for the first time. Lucky they have grown a thick plumage of feathers in time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] they look happy about the snow!

3. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    That's cool. We have some snow here but I havent put the pullets out there yet.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

They actually look like they're enjoying this! Well, anything has to be an improvement over being a battery bird! They are probably still just reeling over all of the wide open spaces. Good on you for rescuing these darling little girls! I hope they have many years of happy outside time with you. [​IMG]

5. Del Cielo Chickens

Del Cielo Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    High Desert of CA
    How do you rescue the chickens?

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Those are beautiful pics, and some real happy girls!!! So good of you to take them in. [​IMG] I love snow pictures. Sure wish I could get some here. 'sigh'........

7. ChOOkens

ChOOkens ►ChOOken In A Box◄

Jun 1, 2009
    Australia
    It looks like they are enjoying their time in the snow!
    I think it's just great that you have taken them in and are now caring for them.[​IMG]

8. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    awwwwww

9. Iggy82

Iggy82 New Egg

Sep 6, 2009
    Quote:We went to a special sanctuary that rescues them from battery farms that are closing down. They'd otherwise be incinerated or turned into feed for other livestock. The organisation we used was Little Hen Rescue but there are plenty of other organisations doing the same thing across the UK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by