1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Chicken's painting is in the news - fess up have you created art?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Simplethrift, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Simplethrift

Simplethrift Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Southern NH
    Greetings all,

Our chicken's painting is in the news. This summer we decided to "paint" a picture using one of our very docile bird's feet (don't worry - we washed them before and after).

What we ended up getting was a terrific painting that we called Feathered Fireworks. A community group in our town was trying to raise money to rebuild a local playground so I thought perfect! Let's put the painting up for auction and give all of the proceeds to the playground effort. Move over "Make Way for Duckings" there's a new bird in town.

Well to put it mildly, the story grew wings and now it's been reported all over the world.

My question to you folks (to whom I bow - you all have so much more experience with chickens than I do) is this:

Have you ever created art with your chickens? or the eggs?

Oh and by the way, even though our chicken Simon is now famous, she won't ever have a celebrity roast. :)

Wendy

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Neat! We need to see the painting.. [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Painting, please!!

[​IMG]

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Oh yes, pics please
    [​IMG]

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    :popand the new clip too.... waiting.

6. Simplethrift

Simplethrift Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Southern NH
    wow! you guys are fast. I go downstairs to get the kids ready for bed, come back up here and already there are replies. I see that someone posted the link to the ebay auction. Here is a post to an article done by a local reporter where you can see Simon.

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=7c8ddede-662a-4b84-b6b7-f58c868a0ce6

Come on I can't be the only "crazy chicken lady" who has used her chickens to make art. Okay, maybe you didn't paint with your chicken but didn't anyone else decorate an egg shell to be used as a Christmas tree decoration?

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Love it!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow and the bid on it is $535!

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

What a well-loved bird. It's wonderful to see!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by