Our Chicks Are Finally Here!!! **Photos**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wordgirl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Guess I'll need to change my signature – our little babies are here!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

We picked them up at Peterson's Mill yesterday at 2 o'clock. All twenty-one little fluffballs were cheeping loudly in their box on the way home. We put them in their brooder, and before we could show them where the water was, one of the Orpingtons had already found it herself! Soon the whole bunch of them were dipping their beaks for their first drinks of water, stretching their little necks up to swallow. They're so cute!

Here are some pictures, if I can figure out how to do this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The center Australorp in the third picture is my little Georgie. She's adorable! [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Congrats on the new babies!! They are adorable!!

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    So cute! Congrats on your new babies! [​IMG]

4. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I am sooooo jealous. They are so cute. [​IMG]

5. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Congratulations! We also have Australorps and they are great!

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Congrats on the babies... BTW What is the square in the middle of the brooder?

7. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]

I have the best Dad [​IMG] – that is, in fact, a thermometer. You know those thermometers that read inside temperatures, as well as outside temperatures? The outside wire is fixed inside that square, and the 'inside' thermometer is mounted outside of the brooder so that we can easily see both temperature and humidity without straining to see the little red line in a normal thermometer inside the brooder. Here are a couple of photos –

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dad also installed a dimmer switch on the top of the brooder so that we can turn the lamp up and down – saving energy, as well as eliminating the need to raise and lower the lamp to get the perfect temperature. [​IMG]

8. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    Quote:[​IMG]

I have the best Dad [​IMG] – that is, in fact, a thermometer. You know those thermometers that read inside temperatures, as well as outside temperatures? The outside wire is fixed inside that square, and the 'inside' thermometer is mounted outside of the brooder so that we can easily see both temperature and humidity without straining to see the little red line in a normal thermometer inside the brooder. Here are a couple of photos –

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/28038_100_6807.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/28038_100_6796.jpg

Dad also installed a dimmer switch on the top of the brooder so that we can turn the lamp up and down – saving energy, as well as eliminating the need to raise and lower the lamp to get the perfect temperature. [​IMG]

WOW THATS KOOL.. I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THAT NEXT TIME I GET MORE CHICKS ( WHICH WILL BE SOON)

9. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Congrats and they sure are cute! [​IMG] Enjoy [​IMG]

10. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sooooooo jealous!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by