1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Chicks Are Playing Games

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

The other night I went running to the brooder because there was a terrible commotion coming from it. Low and behold one chick had a large piece of bedding in her mouth and was playing keep away with the others. The little group was trying to chase after the one with the bedding and disrupting everyone in the process. They're so darn funny!!!

Sonja

2. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    I swear mine were having flying leasons last night. One would get on the highest piece of wood I put out for them and the rest would get in line. One after the other took the jump!! Your right they sure are cute![​IMG]

3. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Just wait to see the commotion when one catches her first worm. Chaos! They were playing tug-of-war with it, chasing the holder, and screeching at the top of their little lungs.

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    LOL Mine were doing "wind sprints" the other night. Running and flapping their little wings back and forth across the brooder. Today I caught one of them hopping over another like playing leap frog.

5. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Now that we mentioned the fun and games that chickies play....

Mine like to play 'King of the Mom'.....yesterday I had four of them on my shoulders and they were fighting to be on the top of my head.....it's pretty amusing. Two of my Barred Rocks (Pearl & Moonshine) seem to be the most friendly and always hop on my shoulder when I sit in the coop with them.

I'm totally addicted to this chicken thing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by