OUR CHICKS CAME EARLY, wait scratch that, our corpses came early =( -updated with pics-

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Feb 3, 2012.

1. OUR BABY CHICKS CAME A DAY EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Congratulations and good luck

3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALMOST ALL OF THEM ARE DEAD!!!!! AND THE ONES ALIVE ARENT LOOKING SO GOOD!!!!!![​IMG]

4. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    Oh my goodness! What happened?!?!?!? I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

5. I dont know! I dont know how many are alive but all i know is they should have sent them during night. Ideal Poultry better be as good as people say because they better replace every dead chick!

6. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    I've read a couple posts just today. Other people that have got chicks from Ideal recently have received them dead or some of the dead. I hope they get replaced too.

7. My mom is bringing them home, I know your not supposed to let the kids see dead chicks but I've seen a duck my dog squashed, not on purpose, she just loved sniffing them and I think she stepped on it =( I'll say what survives overnight.

8. well its been like -50 and 30 so thta might be the cause. They BETTER replace them

9. I heated up the coop, or dog cage we use it it works good, but it doesnt have a bottom :/ im gonna hold them really close to my skin if i hold them at all
    im gonna lay down some newspaper or something for the chicks since they dont have a bottom

10. ya were going to have like 1 chick, 1 is healthy the other 3 or 4 look bad and the rest dead, im going to look for signs of breathing though, when a chicken gets cold they like go into hibernation if i remember right from a thread I read i while ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by