Our chicky chick just died a most gross death and I need to know what

007Dawn

Out Of Coop
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
happened and should we be worried about the other chicks.

She had prolase and we tried to help her. BUT then today she started coughing up water.

I feed her with a dropper and put the preparation H on her bottom, which did not seem to do any good.

I feed her like 2 hours ago and she was greedily taking the food in. She had quite a bit to eat but then it started to kind of leak back out of her mouth. So stopped and put her down so she could rest.

We when back to check on her like 45 minutes ago and her entire body had liked liquidfied. What would do this?

And are our other chicks in danger now? We cleaned their coupe and feeder/water. The sick chick was removed yesterday.

sad.png
:(Your welcome to knowing as well. It is really strange to me. We have never seen anything like it.
sad.png
sad.png

She was onllly about 5 weeks old so no eggs at all. She was sick for a couple of days. We took her out when we noticed it and kept her inside with us.

We when back to check on her like 45 minutes ago and her entire body had liked liquidfied. What would do this?

This sounds like some sort of rat poison.....is there any around there? Maybe a mouse got poisoned, and she got to it? I dont know...sounds wierd.
hu.gif

Hope the rest are OK!​

There is no poisin anywhere near here and none in her area at all. WE don't even use weed killers.

Quote:
This sounds like some sort of rat poison.....is there any around there? Maybe a mouse got poisoned, and she got to it? I dont know...sounds wierd.
hu.gif

Hope the rest are OK!

That was my thought exactly!! A mouse or rat dropping even. Or even if the mouse or rat ran around in poison and the curious chick pecked at its foot ........

That's sad!! I am so sorry for your loss. Poor baby chick.

"her entire body had liquified"? OMG!!!!

You mean she was sort of a puddle?! How horrible!

I am so sorry you went through this. It sounds dreadful.
hit.gif
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom