Our Christmas

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My DH is working this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. His eldest daughter can't come home from New Mexico this year and his younger daughter, well...don't know what his younger daughter plans. So....

DH and I will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow. We'll have a nice, quiet day with our animals, doing whatever we feel like.

In the evening, DH will barbeque us a brisket [​IMG] I'll make mashed taters, corn on the cob, yeast rolls, and sweet tater pie to go with it. The dogs will feast on steak, the kitties will get tuna and the chooks, scrambled eggs.

On Friday I'll make an enchilada bake and my secret recipe New York style cheesecake for DH to take to work for the all the officers working the holiday.

Merry Christmas y'all!! [​IMG]

What are your plans?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Sorry your DH has to work the whole holiday. [​IMG] Another under appreciated aspect of the job of LEO.
    Your Christmas sounds wonderful.
    Bless you, your DH, Jax, Kane and the rest of your crew.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Merry Christmas Gritty

Impy

[​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

We just might pack up and head to Grits!

Actually we are having homeraise goose, mashed tats, corn, green beans and cobbler. Which reminds me.............I need to pull the goose from the freezer.

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:NO!! Don't do that. I want all the brisket to myself. [​IMG] Besides with it being just DH and I, I don't have to worry about cleaning house. [​IMG]

Merry Christmas y'all. I have been blessed this year to have y'all in my life. [​IMG]

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Merry Christmas to you!! [​IMG]
    I have to work in the morning xmas eve and DAy!!! We are celebrating christmas with my dad thursday and friday we go over to my husbands parents house for pizza. [​IMG]
    !!!! i have a sil who doesnt cook. [​IMG]
    on thursday i am making lasanga,,, so theres our big meal!!!!
    on saturday xmas day my parents are comming to my house and we are doing lots of appetizers!!!! all kinds..!! pototoe skins, quiches, crackers and cheese. and shes making 3 surprise appetizers!!! so it will be busy this weekend, plus because i am the only one working out of all the family, i will be the most tired. [​IMG]
    cant wait till sunday,,, then its over,,, then time to play with all my kids toys!! [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Or the "toys" we get ourselves....like a Kindle maybe? [​IMG]

Merry Christmas Annie and Blessings! [​IMG]

8. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We will do Christmas with DH's family tomorrow night, then my family comes and we do Christmas with them Christmas Eve. THEN we get to do Santa Claus Chistmas morning and I will have about 20 people at my house for supper. I will need more meds before this is over LOL.

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:*Hands Mandy the thorazine* Not for yourself, but to spike the eggnog with. [​IMG]

Merry Christmas Mandy. [​IMG]

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Hey Gritty, you think I should have requested extra anti psychotics from the doc LOL!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by