our Cochin and Jersey chicks from WELP hatchery are doin great!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fdnick, Sep 11, 2007.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Pround Mama here [​IMG] some shots of our now 7 day old cochins and jersey giants [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can Fly!!
    [​IMG]
    blue standard cochin
    [​IMG]
    partridge cochin standard

All 56 have survived and are doing great.. but boy are they a messy bunch, I no sooner change the paper than it is a diaster again.. HAHAHA worse than kids [​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Ahhhh! We meet again. Your chicks are beautiful, I had to order 25 because they wouldn't ship just 7 of them. Anyways thanks for that site. I nordered almost every kind of cochin on there.

3. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HAHAHA.. thats what we did, ordered every color they had...

4. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    question, how long did it take for them to get to you? Did you do ASAP shipping?

5. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    they shipped on a Wed and the got here at 7:15 Friday morning.. They came from IA and I live in Spokane, Wa.. We have some shipping in from Ideal, they are the same,, will leave there Wed. and to expect them Friday morning.. I used that gro gel green slimy stuff as soon as they came out of the box.. that stuff works great, they went right to drinking [​IMG]

6. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm closer to them than you are I think. They will come in soon I guess. I ordered them this morning so when do you think they'll come in?

7. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    I would call them, we were 2 weeks off from shipping when we ordered (did not know that till we called to add "one more chick") because all of the colors were not available.. they are REALLY nice folks just give them a buzz and they will let you know exactly what day they will ship and when you will receive them..

8. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    forgot.. they did have a waiting list on some of the colors so certainly give them a jingle [​IMG]

9. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Thanks!!

10. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Just called..........[​IMG] they ship them on sep.26th. I'm dying over here.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by