Our Coop and Temporary Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tish_matt, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tish_matt

tish_matt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Mass.
    This is our coop and temporary coop. The run is made out of a portable hoop garage and we use part of the shed inside for the coop, which will be expanded when the new flock is introduced. The floor of the coop is made with spongy excersize/weight room floor panels, it has held up perfectly!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the new flock's temporary house, till they are beefy enough to hold their own with the big chickens. They are all wrapped up, its in the 20's here at night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Love your set-up. Where did yo get the plans for the run???
    Ayda

3. riverpilot69

riverpilot69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    SE Missouri
    Nice job. I like the run area. I also converted the back half of my shed into a coop. I am looking to build a run similar to the one you have. What exactly is it made of? I have never heard of a hoop garage. Looks great though.

[​IMG]

4. lukius933

lukius933 New Egg

Feb 4, 2012
    I love the rubermaid bucket nesting boxes, great idea that I will have to incorporate in my coop!

5. tish_matt

tish_matt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Mass.
    The run is made from metal portable garage, similar to these http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/cat1;ft1_tension_fabric_buildings;ft1_garages_storage.html . Then i just attached chicken wire to the top part, threw a canvas over the back top for shelter, use wire fence along the bottom sections.
    Check around on craigslist and look for one with a ripped canvas top, because you can get it for cheap if the canvas is ripped and its not sheltering what ever they are storing in it. They are very easily taken apart and put back together. Everyone around here has at least one for their boat or snowmobiles.

6. riverpilot69

riverpilot69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    SE Missouri

Thanks. I will look for one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by