Our Coop Interior is Done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FrontPorchIndiana, May 27, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    And the kids have all moved in. They love it. I love it. I can sit between the two sections and have all seven lap-chickens lined up on my legs. [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7137-Interior

I have 15 more ladies coming on Friday so we finished this just in the nick of time to get the brooder cleaned and ready to go again. Hopefully we'll finish up the outside and their run soon.

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Dont let those chickens in there!!! They will poop on eveything! [​IMG]

Looks great!

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    WOW

I want one!!!!!

4. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Just FANTASTIC!!!!

5. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Finally, all done! Have you sighed a big sigh of relief? [​IMG]
    The building is wonderful... I especially like all the storage you have now. I can see you've thought of everything. Just a terrific job.... Thanks for all the photos.

Carla

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Ok, I want one - FOR ME! That is so much nicer than my rental home!!! And probably as big!!! Congrats, it's lovely!!! Steph

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks great!

I am just starting on my new coop. We are looking for some old kitchen cabinets, but haven't found any yet. [​IMG]

I have to use a cover on my feeders and waterers or they roost on them and make a mess.

I have question about your waterer. What brand is it? Mine says not to hold/carry by the exterior handle. I assumed it was because it is such a slim piece of metal that catches the cover and was afraid that it would break. I would love to be able to hang my waterer when it isn't on a heated base.

Again, fab coop!!!

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    It looks great! It's obvious that so much thought went into it.

9. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:I'm planning to cover the feeder. They haven't bothered it yet, but I'm sure that it's only a matter of time. [​IMG]

I don't know the brand of the waterer, but I bought it at the local feed store. Once the vacuum seals it's certainly strong enough to support the weight. We did add tiny little clamps to the handle to keep it level. Hanging it is the easy part, trying to fill it without making a mess is the bigger issue. I don't want the plastic kind but I may end up with one eventually.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Christine, I think it's awesome! My babies are living in style, you weren't kidding about that one! Great job, my friend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by