Our coop is done thanks to hubby and his buddies!

Apr 12, 2011
This is the Purina coop, with modification hubby made. It is 7x3 with four roost and three egg boxes. They are only cooped up for the night and free range during the day.

You can see where the ramp hangs when not in use next to the egg hutch. Also, hubby added two top vents to go along with his roof venting and side window venting which you will see in other pictures.

86337_img_0748.jpg
[/img]

Front view with the human door. Two more small top vents to go along with his vent system.

86337_img_0746.jpg
[/img]

The side view of the chicken door and one of the two vent windows hubby made.

86337_img_0744.jpg
[/img]

Inside picture of the coop. You can see they have two skylights and the roof is vented at the top. They coop is under trees so it stays in the shade through out the day.

86337_img_0739.jpg
[/img]

Man were they glad to leave the brooder. At first they didn't know what to think of all this space and they still huddle up on one of the top roost at night. Silly chicks
roll.png

86337_img_0734.jpg
[/img]

Hubby did a wonderful job and no emergency room visit
lol.png
Just kidding... he's sitting here next to me so I had to add that last part
big_smile.png

looks good however, might be kinda tight for 6 birds, especially if they are med. size. are you planning on windows for a view? are they going to be free ranging during the day? or do u have a run in the works. ?

We started free ranging them around 4 weeks and trained them to return to their brooder. Now they are 8 weeks and only go in the coop to be locked up at night. They are out the door by 7am to range and we will not be keeping all of them, as some will be going to freezer camp.

I'm anxious to see who's a roo and who's a hen. I keep second guessing myself
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom