Our Coop is finally finished (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chrisrapp4, Apr 28, 2011.

1. chrisrapp4

chrisrapp4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    Jackson, NJ
    The coop is finally done,[​IMG] took about 2 weeks, still have some things to finish up. The girls have been in it for about a week now and seem to be loving it.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickybokbok

chickybokbok Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Tipton, Indiana
    Looks great!

3. miraclz5

miraclz5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Awesome!!!!

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Sooo beautiful, fresh and clean......Take a good look.....Let the pooping begin! [​IMG]

It's wonderful, and you've done a great job!

5. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Love it!

6. RoseMarie

RoseMarie New Egg

Apr 22, 2011
    LOVE it! The ladies look pretty happy sunning themselves there. Well done! [​IMG]

7. chrisrapp4

chrisrapp4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    Jackson, NJ
    Thanks everybody [​IMG] We still need to finish the top of the run, as you can see we are using a blue tarp at the moment. Not to many predators to worry about here, just the hawks. And we need to build a set of people stairs. Already thinking that we should have made the run bigger, we used a 6x10 dog kennel, I'm thinking they could use a little more room.

8. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    looks great!

9. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    It does look great but I am going to suggest that you change your run. You have obviously spent a good deal of time on the coop and I think it would make sense if you built a more secure run. The dog kennel can be reached into and dug under by a variety of predators. You have raccoons, possum and rats where you are and they can get at your hens with what you have. It would be fairly easy for you to construct a secure, covered run with half inch hardware cloth with provisions to discourage any burrowing. Read some of the posts regarding predators and you will quickly see how susceptible you chicks are to a variety of predators.

10. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Your coop is adorable! Great job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by