1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by San, Jul 9, 2007.

1. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

Well it's almost done we need to make a new door for the coop but that's for after our holiday. I also want something around the pen to keep the rain outside but I'm still thinking on that one. The pics are taken today and normally the chickens are outside but because of the forecast rain and thunderstorms I've kept them in their pen today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the girls [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Very nice coop. I love your removable roost area, should make cleaning much easier! [​IMG]

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love it!!

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I like it alot I've been thinking of building me one like that for when I have a broody hen & want to let her raise the babies.

5. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Eh you mean the stick where they sleep on???? Whaahaha call me stupid but It's been a while since I've talked English and I've noticed that I don't understand some words that are daily used? [​IMG]

Or do you mean the hole construction?

6. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    love it!!!
    i like the string to the door. easy open!!! i have one on my coop.

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I love the entire coop. Everything about it is great for a small flock or a seperating pen like Poison Ivy mentioned. Anyway thanks for showing it off [​IMG]

8. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Sandra

I think you should put pics of your coop in the community project topic, in this section. The one about designing the perfect coop.
    Yours has the same basic plan as the playhouse coop, but I love the large door. Mostly for cleaning purposes. I like the sloped roof too. Much easier than the pitched roofs.

I'm sure others would like it too. They will have suggestions on how to make it work better for their climate, but if you are like we are, we always find things we would do different the next time, always trying to make it easier, less expensive, or just didn't think about adding something while we were building it. (At least me anyway). So if you do post this, & people suggest changes, don't take it personally.

I really like your design.

Have you found anything that you would have liked to do differently on it? Using it is the only true test of how well it works for you.

Jean

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Holy cow, I love that coop! That's basically the general design I envision for the community coop project.

10. LaMamaGallina

LaMamaGallina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    everywhere

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by