Our Corgi Passed away Tues.13th,she was so loving.NC,Jenny pet baby

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BackSwampGirl, Oct 16, 2009.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This may sound stupid to lots of people.But we miss her so much.We had her for 14 years.Her name was Jenny Lyn.She went most every where with us and all I can do is cry.She had Cancer and we knew it would happen one day,but not that night.I feel like she is gone to heaven,it is just killing me.It is so rough trying to make it now and get back on track.I can hear her and look and she is not there.Just to let you know,hope soemone will be concerned,Thanks and God Bless you,Sandra and Preston [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jenny Lyn!

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    So sorry for your loss. They are family. [​IMG]

I love my corgis.

4. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    you don't sound stupid at all, i cried off and on for months after i lost my River Dog, from pancreatic cancer. i am so sorry for your loss

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It doesn't sound stupid at all! We lost my Charlie Girl (irish wolfhound mix) in June and I still miss her every day.
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

6. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Thanks for all of the concern.It just won`t go away.We fixed her a little grave and placed stones around it.She went on Vacation with us,just about every where.And she enjoyed it so much.As long as she was with us.I know she is better off,but I have cried the whole week,Sandra [​IMG]

7. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    So sorry for your loss, Sandra. I know how hard this is on you. We once had a Weimaraner who was hit by a truck and died when he was 10. We'd had him since he was a puppy, and he was like one of our children. We all cried like babies. These animals make their way into our hearts, and we love them, so no, it's not silly to cry over them when they are gone. Our vet gave us the best advice when it happened, though. He said to get another dog as soon as possible. I wouldn't have thought we could, but someone offered us another Weimaraner puppy two weeks later, out of the blue. They had no idea we had lost Beau. They started raising Weimaraners because they loved ours so much. We didn't want the puppy at first, but decided to take our vet's advice. It definitely didn't replace Beau, we've never been able to do that, but I think it really helped at the time. We mourned that dog for a long time. He was the best. He was our "once in a lifetime dog". As much as I love my dogs, we've never found another like him, believe me, my husband has tried, and tried again.

By the way, I've got a Corgi also. They're one of the best little breeds. She's an awesome little dog. They're very easy to fall in love with. I'd have ten of them if I could.

I know you don't think so right now, but it gets easier. It takes a while, but it definitely gets easier. [​IMG]

8. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    I feel your pain. I lost my little Wicket (corgi) at age 15. She was my 'best buddy.' I knew I'd eventually get another corgi, but it needed to be the right one at the right time.

A little over a year later, my best friend (and a corgi breeder for over 40 yrs ... she introduced me to corgis) came by to show me pics of her current litter. Just sharing. I took one look at a photo and asked 'is this one taken?' Two days later she delivered my little Willow to me.

Willow is definitely different than Wicket, and she had quite the hole to fill. Two and 1/2 years later, Willow is now my constant companion, loves everybody ... is quite well know on the vendor row circuit (we work dog shows). I don't know how I lived without a corgi for so long ... but she was worth the wait. (See my avatar.)

9. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I am so, so sorry for your loss, we lost our dog in June, and I still cry every morning by myself..........they change your life

10. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] I wake up hearing her,and crying all the time.I can`t even take her bowls up yet.But we did bury her with her favorite bed and blanket,and put her on a real soft rug that she liked to lay on.I said I did not want another one.And you said they are very special little pets.She was not the Welsh Corgi,but the older kind.She was red all over just a little spot of white around her mouth.Had a fluffy tail,and had lots of pretty hair around her back hind hips.And the most pretty little twatch.We will never forget her,Love my Jenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by