Our county commisioner is jacking our health insurance up!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sparkles2307, Sep 11, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

The jerk, they just sent out an email to all county employees that they are DOUBLING our out of pocket expense for 2010 insurance...and we didnt get it cheap tp being with (my SINGLE insurance is currently $537 a MONTH) I have clients on health care assistance because they cant afford $50 a month for cripes sakes!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

If you can, call around several insurances and compare prices. This is ridiculous and it would make more of their employees drop their coverages and go Medicaid or something similar to it.

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
  4. sparkles2307

The kicker is that to work for the county we are REQUIRED to carry at least a single plan thru them or we cant work here. My kid are under dad's plan...if I could stop my insurance and go on his it would only be $40 more a month...and his plan has dental and vision...mine doesnt.

5. sparkles2307

Quote:I might try that, the girls here in the office and I are planning to do SOMETHING, we arent taking it laying down!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I hear you! My hubby works for the county, and get this, they are now dropping all other insurances and going with some stupid cost driven thing- a- ma- jig!! We're not happy campers!! I do believe that our county is the richest one in the state of Florida, or near the richest one, anyway!
    This is just so scary. What are we supposed to do, right?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    One thing we do at our law ofc here is to ask the adjuster to provide us with a copy of the exact policy language that shows they have the right to proceed with what they're trying to do. That way they can't just try to get away with anything they want.

8. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I hope for what you are paying that you are at least receiving a decent policy.

We are not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$940.00 a month with a $5,000 annual deductible.

We now owe 5 different medical providers a total of 12,452 dollars.

Winter is coming and DH will be laid off soon. Oh well you can't pull blood from a stone!!!!!!!!!!!! They will all just have to be happy putting liens on our overpriced home and they can have it when i'm dead.

In the meantime I'll keep smiling as long as I have my girls.
    If you can watch 9 chickens of various breeds and ages running across the yard to greet you and not at least smile, you should be on prozac.

they keep me happy

9. sparkles2307

Jeepers! Well I pay $90.50 right now out of pocket and the county pays the other $450 a month but for 2010 my payment will double and they will keep their contribution the same. You know, in the world of insurance we have it pretty good, and the fact that the county pays in so much is great. But they OUGHT TO pay in that much and more for forcing us to carry their insurance or be fired. I have a $250 deductible, I could go cheaper since I never go to the doctor and only chiropractor once a month but I dont like paying for medical bills so the sooner I meet my deductible the better, ya know?

10. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Your part is only $90 and it is going up to only $180? And $250 deductible? That is nothing these days. And certainly nothing to complain about.
    I would be grateful to have that in these times.

You made it sound like you were paying the whole thing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by