Our dads are Brahma, but are we moggy mols or roos (7 weeks old)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pgpoultry, Jul 1, 2010.

1. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Well our dad will be Brahma (only have Brahma boys) and we are 7 weeks old. BUT was mom a Warren? and are we pullets or roos?

These two are bigger than the (definite pure breed) Brahma chicks of the same. Did my Gold Brahma hen steal a couple of Warren eggs when she was broody? I saw her rolling eggs from wherever she could reach.

I would welcome opinions,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

Sandie

2. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    The first one looks like a hen to me the second one is 50/50 to me at this stage.

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    whats a Warren?

4. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Yea, what's a Warren?

5. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    It is a small brown hybrid egg layer very similar to ISA Brown in appearance.

I believe the parentage is RIR X Light Sussex and is a common little egg layer in England She lays about 6 eggs a week and has only about a 4-6 week lay off in the winter. She is a hardy little bird, but does not live for very long. I think that battery farms (yuk) use them a lot, but mine are free range, organically fed, and thoroughly spoilt.

I think the first chick that I photographed has a lot of Light Sussex in him for a chick that should have had Brahma parents (My Gold Brahma hen was quite the egg thief!),

Sandie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by