Our daughter, the chicken whisperer :o)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SharW75, Sep 11, 2019.

1. SharW75

SharW75 Chirping

Jul 26, 2019
    Ohio
    We have such a friendly bunch of ladies and gents! :)

IMG_1761.JPG

2. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's always nice to see a young person with an interest other than their phones ;) . Good photo!

3. Momplus1

Momplus1 Songster

May 31, 2019
    Moore County, NC
    I love this! How old is your daughter? My daughter just turned 8 and this past May, our first 3 chickens (we now have 17 I can't even believe we have that many!) were hatched in her classroom. She got me hooked on this chicken addiction, hahaha. Does your daughter enjoy helping care for them? My daughter loved it in the beginning but quickly realized how much work is involved (once we got ducks, at her request, the workload increased so much). She basically is the chicken and duck hugger/lover now, hahaha!

4. SharW75

SharW75 Chirping

Jul 26, 2019
    Ohio
    Jordan is 11, and I think she inherited the "chicken gene" from me. :lau The birds are hers, more or less, and she does probably 75% or more of their care on her own, with me taking up the other part. Since I grew up on a farm, she comes to me with all her questions, and all the chicken drama that inevitably happens. She is a very responsible kid, and she really loves her birds. :)

5. Sobek

Sobek Songster

Aug 12, 2018
    orlando florida
    I try to get my niece into chickens. I really try to promote them to her all the time, but I don't think she quite loves them as much as I do

6. Momplus1

Momplus1 Songster

May 31, 2019
    Moore County, NC
    She sounds like such a wonderful young lady. I hope and pray that with some time, my daughter will start to chip in more with the chicken & duck chores. My daughter (she suffers from "only child syndrome" ~ to be honest I am working very hard to right my wrongs as an older parent to an only child :rant) was excited to see yours surrounded by her chickens. I think your daughter was inspiring. I know you are very proud. She seems like such a blessing :D

7. CalBickieMomma

CalBickieMomma Songster

LOVE IT!!!! We must start the young'ns out early with the whole chicken obsession thing ;). Plus, I'm a firm believer in exposing children to Farm Germs. Makes their immune systems stronger! :D Oh, and chicken rearing is definitely therapeutic <3.

8. SurferchickinSB

SurferchickinSB Crowing

Feb 23, 2018
    California
    She must also be a cat whisperer too! I see a very well behaved kitty in the background :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm an older mother too, was 38 when I had my son. He's 33 with a birthday this month.
    So do the math. I love animals - he does not. :confused: But he is still a very good son.

BY Bob, SharW75 and SurferchickinSB like this.
  10. SurferchickinSB

SurferchickinSB Crowing

Feb 23, 2018
    California
    That’s for sure! Such a rarity these days, LOL!

N F C, BY Bob, SharW75 and 1 other person like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: